Kate finishes Miyazaki month with Howl’s Moving Castle by talking about themes of beauty in all its forms. Subjective always, beauty is judged inward and outward in conscious and subconscious ways. Kate digs in deep of our perceptions of beauty and how it changes, evolves and effects the world around us.
YouTube Version (With Live Video)
- Book vs. Film video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvvQn2psfL8
- Hayao Miyazaki’s 50 Recommended Children’s Books: https://www.librarything.com/list/6990/all/Hayao-Miyazakis-50-Recommended-Childrens-Books
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder phrase http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/beauty-is-in-the-eye-of-the-beholder.html
- Definition of Beauty: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/beauty
- 100 years of beauty video: https://youtu.be/LTp9c9bsY_Q
Filmmaker Kate Chaplin takes a film that has influenced her life for good, bad or ugly and dissects it to show YOU the hidden lessons within movies. This five-time-award-winning show appeared on D20crit from 2013-2015. New episodes coined “Reloaded” were produced by Gal’s Guide from 2016-2017. Many of the shows have been lost to the digital dust (yet somehow still on Google Play) but keep an eye out for our Flashback Friday Episodes on the Gal’s Guide Podcast.
- Most Entertaining – 2016 INDYpodnet Awards
- Best Audio Quality & Editing – 2016 INDYpodnet Awards
- Most Entertaining – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards
- Rookie of the Year – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards
- Best Coverage of a Geek Event – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards