Kate talks about her weird fascination with Pulp Fiction, a film she saw 9 times in the theaters. She talks about the writing and filmmaking tricks she learned from the movie giving credit where it’s due to Roger Avary. She talks about the themes of loyalty, the use of gold, the alpha males and one bad-ass female. She also talks about Jules’ “moment of clarity” and what she thinks is really in the case.
- Studio 28: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_28
- Quentin & Roger: http://forum.tarantino.info/viewtopic.php?t=7800
- Hitchcock Explaining Suspense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md6folAgGRU
- In the suitcase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7nyslFNXVI
- 20 things you didn’t know about Pulp Fiction: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/19/the-secrets-of-pulp-fiction-20-things-you-didn-t-know-about-the-movie-on-its-20th-anniversary.html
- Kiss Me Deadly Box Scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HEJC41P7o8
Filmmaker Kate Chaplin takes a film that has influenced her life for good, bad or ugly and dissects it to show YOU the hidden lessons within movies. This five-time-award-winning show appeared on D20crit from 2013-2015. New episodes coined “Reloaded” were produced by Gal’s Guide from 2016-2017. Many of the shows have been lost to the digital dust (yet somehow still on Google Play) but keep an eye out for our Flashback Friday Episodes on the Gal’s Guide Podcast.
- Most Entertaining – 2016 INDYpodnet Awards
- Best Audio Quality & Editing – 2016 INDYpodnet Awards
- Most Entertaining – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards
- Rookie of the Year – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards
- Best Coverage of a Geek Event – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards