Continuation of last week’s discussion on #STEMgals. Gal-pals Lisa Meece and Bonnie Fillenwarth join Dr. Leah Leach to throw shade on Snapchat, profess their love to Starbase Indy and deep dive into keeping gals in STEM careers.
Show Notes and Extras:
- Looking for part 1?
- Deep Space Exploration: Keeping Gals In STEM
- Gal’s Guide article by Sheila Plank Girls Love Technology
- Is there a technology that you have learned simply because it’s an aspect of your career?
- Is there a technology that you avoid?
- Statistics from National Science Foundation Girls and Women in STEM (March 2018)
- Forbes Article How To Inspire More Young Women To Enter STEM in 2018
- What do you think can be done to connect the dots for more women see STEM as an exciting career choice?
- Do you think there is too much of a push that girls should get into STEM fields that there will be a backlash by the upcoming generation?
- Who do you think is a fantastic STEM role model?
- Let us know your answers in the comments below or on social media using #STEMgals
- Check out Bonnie’s Women’s History Calendar she talked about on the show
- Learn more about Uhura Training Academy at Starbase Indy.
- Get your Starbase Indy badge here use promo code ACADEMY for $5 off.
SUPPORT US ON PATREON
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, wallpapers, idea lists, and behind the scenes.
ABOUT GAL’S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY PODCAST
Keep updated on the happenings of Gal’s Guide with our monthly discussion show as well as interviews and updates of amazing women in our galaxy. Time travelers and role models welcome!
Hosted by Lisa Leo.