So many of us are more than one thing. In our second only interview, Gal’s Guide sat down with the CEO of Starbase Indy, Lisa Meece to get to know the 360 degrees of Lisa. This amazing gal found her people at Star Trek convention and not only became the CEO but runs a variety of consulting businesses that bridge the gap between traditional and non-traditional lifestyles. Get to know what it takes to boldly go in the direction of your passions!
Show Notes & Extras:
- Lisa Meece Fab links
- Our second-ever interview and first in a long time for Leah
- How Lisa found her people and got started with Starbase Indy
- Become a Starbase Indy Volunteer!
- The 360 Degrees of Lisa
- Professional cuddler at Holding Space
- Teaches consent at conventions
- Serendipitous Learner
- Lisa’s the bridge between traditional and non-traditional life
- Geeking out about Starbase Indy 2019
- Uhura Training Academy presented by Gal’s Guide is there!
- Astrophysicist Erin Macdonald is back!
- Head of the Klingon in Charge, Mary Chieffo, will be there!
- Klingon Pop Warrior!
- Also, there’s a Klingon Institute??!!
- NASA people!
- Actress and Stuntwoman, Tracee Lee Cocco!
- Son of “Scotty” and Star Trek Actor, Chris Doohan!
- Writing Workshops! NaNoWriMo anyone?
- Music, parties and drinking with scientists!
- Full schedule is HERE!!!! Yay!!!
- Buy your badge early! It helps Lisa not panic (as much)
- Many volunteers are buying their own badges to support the convention
- Shopping! There is basically a live Etsy store at Starbase. “It’s like Black Friday and Small Business Sunday wrapped in one!”
- There is no such thing as Star Wars v Star Trek
- Lisa answers the first Signature Question that all our future interview guests will answer! Listen in to hear her answer
SUPPORT US ON PATREON
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, behind the scenes.
ABOUT GAL’S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY PODCAST
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.