Your Ticket to Time Travel!
Enrich your curriculum and have Gal’s Guide come to you with our school outreach programs. We have fun, informative, and interactive presentations about women inventors, scientists, artists, leaders and sports-record breakers. Perfect for March’s Women’s Month.
Recommended Grades: 3-12 +select University Programs available
Standards Met in all our programs:
- ELA Reading Nonfiction Key Ideas and Textual Support, Features and Structures, Connection of Ideas, Vocabulary Building, Speaking and Listening, Comprehension
- Social Studies, History
$100 per classroom or club, $500 for school assemblies. (Additional free teacher-lead options below.)
To schedule a program contact Leah Leach at firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer programs year-round. Our March dates fill up quickly.
Choose from the following programs:
- Gals of History – Students will jump at the chance to play a game that tests their deduction skills and time-travel power. Student will learn women are also scientists, mathematicians, inventors, computer programmers, race car drivers, NHL Players, astronauts, business leaders, authors, filmmakers and the president of YouTube. Women of the past and present who have made our world more connected, creative and innovative. Elementary school presentations are 30 minutes and cover 14 gals using Kahoot or PowerPoint. Middle school and high school presentations are 50 minutes and cover 24 gals using Kahoot or PowerPoint.
- Gals of Science – Back up we’re going to do some science! Students will learn the gals who have classified the stars, studied the Earth’s core, created computer languages, pushed medicine and chemistry to its full potential and more. Middle school and high school presentations are 50 minutes and cover 24 gals using Kahoot or PowerPoint.
- Gal Inventors – What do wi-Fi, windshield wipers, coffee filters, life rafts and aquarium’s have in common? They were all invented by women. Students will learn about these amazing inventions by women. They might even be inspired to invent something new themselves! High school presentations are 50 minutes using Kahoot or Powerpoint.
- Gals of Film – Did you know it was a gal who invented the narrative film? Learn about the early pioneers of film that made more films and were paid more than names like D.W. Griffith and Cecile B. DeMille. Then travel though time as we present the amazing gals throughout history who have told stories through a film lens. High school and University PowerPoint presentations are 1-2 hours.
Sharable Flyer: Gal’s Guide School Outreach Programs
Free Teacher-Lead Options
Gals of History
Pair together our Kahoot with our Reading Materials that include additional activities:
- Have students choose a featured gal and research her life. Design a “wall of fame” poster for the classroom.
- Have students create a series of imagined tweets asking, “what would this gal tweet?”
- Famous history person project, starter list.
- Graphic organizer possibles: KWL chart, time line, cluster
- Coming Soon Kahoot & Reading Materials
Gals of Science
- Kahoot link
- Coming Soon Reading Materials for Gal’s of Science Grade 9-12
Coming soon for Grades 6-8
More info on all our Kahoots.