Kate celebrates Groundhog Day with Groundhog Day! In this episode, Kate talks about the trivia behind the scenes as well as answering the question: How long was Phil stuck in his time loop? She goes deep on metaphors of tediousness, the myth of Sisyphus, psychoanalysis, trial and error, the need to deal with yourself, and the many different religious aspects of the film.
- How long does Phil spend in Puxkatony? What Culture. https://youtu.be/HYAx9RX1OmY
- IMDB: Groundhog Day http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv
- You think you know movies Screen Crush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2FSxDbVlIY
- 7 things you didn’t know about groundhog day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylnUMrPb28U
- Psychoanalysis Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoanalysis
- Creative Interpretations of Groundhog Day http://mentalfloss.com/article/55243/8-creative-interpretations-groundhog-day
- New York Times – Groundhog Almighty http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/07/style/groundhog-almighty.html?src=pm&pagewanted=1
- Top Tenz why Groundhog Day is Purgatory http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-reasons-why-groundhog-day-is-set-in-purgatory.php
Filmmaker Kate Chaplin (Leah Leach) takes a film that has influenced her life for good, bad or ugly and dissects it to show YOU the hidden lessons within movies. This five-time-award-winning show appeared on D20crit from 2013-2015. New episodes coined “Reloaded” were produced by Gal’s Guide from 2016-2017. Many of the shows have been lost to the digital dust.
- Most Entertaining – 2016 INDYpodnet Awards
- Best Audio Quality & Editing – 2016 INDYpodnet Awards
- Most Entertaining – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards
- Rookie of the Year – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards
- Best Coverage of a Geek Event – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards