Special Guest, Josh, returns for this year’s predictions of the Oscar winners. Kate and Josh aren’t good at this and tied last year with 8 of the 24 winners correct. This year they bring in a bingo cage that they have nicknamed “Nic Cage” to see if he is better at predicting then they are. Follow along on Oscar Night on Twitter using #OscarBingo and use the Kate’s Take Ballot.
Printable Kate’s Take Ballot: kates-take-oscar-ballot-2017
Can a bingo cage randomizer be more accurate when it comes to picking the Oscars? That’s what we’re going to find out!
For each category, numbered bingo balls represented the 3, 5, or 9 nominations in that category. For example The makeup and hairstyling category has 3 nominees, 3 balls were in the cage. Kate & Josh said their pick and the “Nic” Cage was rolled and out popped a number ball, in this case, B1, with A Man Called Ove listed first therefore Nic’s pick. All picks were rolled during the show’s recording. They are listed below and on the printable Kate’s Take Ballot (which includes Kate & Josh’s picks so you see just how bad they did too) kates-take-oscar-ballot-2017
Bingo “Nic” Cage’s Predictions:
- Best Picture – La La Land
- Actor Leading Role – Viggo Mortenson, Captain Fantastic
- Actor Supporting Role – Lucas Hedges, Manchester by the Sea
- Actress Leading Role – Emma Stone, La La Land – CORRECT!
- Actress Supporting Role – Michelle Williams, Manchester by the Sea
- Animated Film – Zootopia – CORRECT!
- Cinematography – La La Land – CORRECT!
- Costume Design – La La Land
- Directing – Mel Gibson, Hacksaw Ridge
- Documentary Feature – O.J.: Made in America – CORRECT!
- Documentary Short – Watani: My Homeland
- Film Editing – Hell or High Water
- Foreign Language Film – The Salesman – CORRECT!
- Makeup and Hairstyling – A Man Called Ove
- Music Score – La La Land – CORRECT!
- Music Original Song – “How Far I’ll Go” Moana
- Production Design – Passengers
- Animated Short Film – Piper – CORRECT!
- Live Action Short Film – Enemies Within
- Sound Editing – Hacksaw Ridge
- Sound Mixing – Hacksaw Ridge – CORRECT!
- Visual Effects – Deepwater Horizon
- Writing Adapted Screenplay – Arrival
- Writing Original Screenplay – The Lobster
Filmmaker Kate Chaplin takes a film that has influenced her life for good, bad or ugly and dissects it to show YOU the hidden lessons within movies. This five-time-award-winning show appeared on D20crit from 2013-2015. New episodes coined “Reloaded” were produced by Gal’s Guide from 2016-2017. Many of the shows have been lost to the digital dust (yet somehow still on Google Play) but keep an eye out for our Flashback Friday Episodes on the Gal’s Guide Podcast.
- Most Entertaining – 2016 INDYpodnet Awards
- Best Audio Quality & Editing – 2016 INDYpodnet Awards
- Most Entertaining – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards
- Rookie of the Year – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards
- Best Coverage of a Geek Event – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards