This week Kate is joined by Adam Eastwood to talk about the metaphors in the X-men movies. In this part 1 of 2, Kate and Adam dig into metaphors of Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X, the Holocaust, Japanese Internment Camps, power struggles and the social pressures to conform. Let us know of your favorite metaphors in X-men in the comments and we’ll mention as many as we can in part 2.
- Stan Lee Interview https://www.theguardian.com/film/2000/aug/12/features
- Bryan Singer interview: http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2003/04/25/bryan_singer_x_men_2_interview.shtml
- Malcolm X Interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKDUsRoZ0ig
- X-Men wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men
Filmmaker Kate Chaplin takes a film that has influenced her life for good, bad or ugly and dissects it to show YOU the hidden lessons within movies. This five-time-award-winning show appeared on D20crit from 2013-2015. New episodes coined “Reloaded” were produced by Gal’s Guide from 2016-2017. Many of the shows have been lost to the digital dust (yet somehow still on Google Play) but keep an eye out for our Flashback Friday Episodes on the Gal’s Guide Podcast.
- Most Entertaining – 2016 INDYpodnet Awards
- Best Audio Quality & Editing – 2016 INDYpodnet Awards
- Most Entertaining – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards
- Rookie of the Year – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards
- Best Coverage of a Geek Event – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards