New Format! Gal pals, Dr. Leah Leach, Bonnie Fillenwarth, Rebecca Berfanger and Kim Thatcher gather to bring you 1 cool thing about women in painting. First up is newbie Kim talking about the Savvy Painting Podcast hosted by Antrese Wood. The gals also go off on a HW-onderful Bob Ross tangent.
- Leah’s audio is a little off as the gals are recording in a temporary location that is still under construction. We’re fixing it.
- This is the first in our one cool thing format.
- Bonnie legit artist page – www.bonniefillenwarth.com
- Kim goes first with her one cool thing Savvy Painter Podcast
- Women painting other women
- Kim’s recommends the episode of Savvy Painter Podcast – Gouache Portraits and Telling of #MeToo Stories with Diana Corvelle
- The different kinds of media as used as self-expression
- Leah mentions BBC TV show called Fake or Fortune about Lowry’s use of certain color paints.
- Bob Ross tangent!!!
- Pallet knife for painting art and apparently spackling the walls. Maybe both at the same time!
- Does painting chill people out?
- Bonnie mentions an episode of the Savvy Painter with a professor’s advice. It’s Errol Gerson and available to listen here.
- The price of art. Your own art and buying from an artist.
- Question: Have you ever been too drunk, or do you think there is a way to be too drunk at a Wine & Canvas?
- Alien Con. Yeah Kim went there. We can’t find the artist’s name she was talking about but the Truth Is Out There.
- Coming up next is Rebecca’s one cool thing. Episode releases January 17th.
SUPPORT US ON PATREON
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, behind the scenes.
ABOUT GAL’S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY PODCAST
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.