It’s music month at Gal’s Guide and a new group of gal pals have joined to have some fun. Bonnie takes the stage first talking about Dusty Springfield the singer of “Son of a Preacher Man”, “Wishin’ and Hopin’ and more. Don’t miss this fab episode because we learned that Dusty threw food when she got angry. But “What have I, what have I done to deserve this?” Wait what does the Pet Shop Boys have to do with Dusty? Just hit play to learn more.
Show Notes & Extras
- This month’s Gal Pals are Dr. Leah Leach, Katie Harris, Bonnie Fillenwarth and Rebecca Berfanger.
- Music Month intro
- Bonnie’s 1 Cool Music Thing is Dusty Springfield
- Growing up Irish-Catholic in the U.K.
- Food fights
- Competing with her brother
- The persona of Dusty Springfield
- The panda look and the skirt Bonnie was talking about
- Songs – “Son of a Preacher Man”, “Wishin’ and Hopin'” and “I Only Wanna Be With You.”
- The Pulp Fiction reference.
- The interview with the Beatles
- Interesting accounting
- Shame spiral in Memphis
- Weird living in L.A. where many are gay but nearly all are in the closet
- Pet Shop Boys “What Did I Do To Deserve This?”
- Background vocals on Elton John songs
- Met a lovely woman and settled down
- Special tour of the Vatican
- Breast cancer died in 1994
- O.B.E. (Order of the British Empire)
- A possible biopic “So Much Love” Variety
- Documentary on YouTube.
- Great book Dusty: an intimate portrait of a musical legend
SUPPORT US ON PATREON
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, behind the scenes.
ABOUT GAL’S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY PODCAST
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.