To close out advertising month Leah’s 1 Cool Thing is about an advertising campaign that changed the conversation around the phrase “like a girl” being an insult. The gals also talk about celebrity endorsements and the general strangeness of commercials.
Show Notes & Extras:
- Gal-pals this week are: Dr. Leah Leach, Katie Harris, Bonnie Fillenwarth and Kami Leach.
- Get-to-know-you-question: What do you think about celebrity endorsements?
- Kami mention’s the John Oliver segment on Native Advertising, Bonnie mentioned the weird Arnold Schwarzenegger Japanese commercials and Leah almost fell for the Brad Pitt Chanel ad.
- Bonnie talked about Christina of Simple Nailogical and her nail art and how her new line sold out right away. Here is her YouTube channel.
- Leah’s 1 Cool Advertising Thing is the #LikeAGirl campaign from Always.
- That time Leah talked about Fibroids on the show.
- Blog article “Why is being a girl an insult?’
- Huffington Post Article: “Why That ‘Like A Girl’ Super Bowl Ad Was So Groundbreaking”
- Meet the director, Lauren Greenfield video.
- Soccer fans, there is also a few spots with Alex Morgan.
- The Inside Amy Schumer “Compliments” about insulting yourself. (NSFW)
- We’re off next week for Labor Day. The show will return on Sept 9.
SUPPORT US ON PATREON
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, behind the scenes.
ABOUT GAL’S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY PODCAST
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.
Subscribe on iTunes, YouTube, Podbean, Stitcher. Google Play and more