It’s the start of Scary Gals Month! Each gal pal gets to pick a gal that think this represents scary. Bonnie starts us of with the Mistress of the Dark who overcame painful scars to owning show the world her “assets.” Cassandra Peterson, and her persona Elvira, brought the camp and the body positivity. Learn more about the amazing Cassandra on this week’s show!
- We’re back on Zoom so that means the YouTube has live video of our silly and beautiful faces!
- The gal pals this month are Dr. Leah Leach, Bonnie Fillenwarth, Katie Harris, and Klaire Lockhart.
- Thunderdomesticity Klaire’s Instagram
- Bonnie’s 1 Cool Scary Gal is Cassandra Peterson
- Early life
- Third-degree burns as a toddler
- Puberty hit hard!
- Huge boobs!
- 14 year old go-go dancer
- 14 year old driving
- UPDATE: the movie that inspired her love of Las Vegas was Viva Las Vegas (1964).
- Vegas baby!
- Tom Jones is a jerk to her
- Date with Elvis Presley
- Groundlings (Wikipedia)
- Paul Reubens – Pee-wee Herman
- Improv characters
- Friday night horror show needed a host
- Elvira character created in 1981
- Fan club! Merchandising!
- Cassandra owns the character of Elvira
- Vampira (picture below)
- Search for the next Elvira
- What’s in the box?
- Sexual Assult
- Brad Pitt owns her former house
- Autobiography coming soon
- Covering up to body confidence
- BONUS: more about Elvira in video games (Gamecrate.com)
- Hulu has Elvira Mistress of the Dark
- “Coffin Table” Books (Elvira.com)
- RuPaul’s Drag Race!
Support the Show
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, behind the scenes.
About The Gal’s Guide Podcast
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.