Author gals month continues with Leah talking about her magical and inspiring gal who she also called her BFF. Debra Kemp was the author of the House of Pendragon Series that answers the questions, what if King Arthur had a daughter and do well-behaved women seldom make history?
- We’re in the library this month! So we’re drunker!
- The gal pals this month are Dr. Leah Leach, Bonnie Fillenwarth, Katie Harris, and Mary Miller.
- Bonnie already talked about Cokie Roberts
- Get to know you question – have you ever thought of writing a book or have you ever written a book?
- Secrete or Secretes or Irony or Iconic
- Bonnie might write a book!
- Leah wants Katie to write a cook book!
- Leah’s books as Kate Chaplin The Belief Test, Shoki’s Bag, The Celebration Diet, Ingenue: Portrait of a Film
- History repeating thanks to Facebook memories
- Leah’s in the dedication of Debra’s book The Recruit (picture below)
- Leah’s 1 Cool Author Gal is Debra Kemp
- Doctor Who room
- Born in “Da Region”, Highland, IN
- Early fan fiction
- Camelot movie “Carry on the tale”
- At 13 years asked “what if King Arthur has a daughter?”
- Helin –> Lin
- Marriage & kids
- Lived 20 miles from Stonehenge
- The Firebrand 2003 (book 1) (Gal’s Guide Library)
- Delivering books to local bookstores
- Debs & Leah meet in 2006
- The Recruit 2007 (book 2) (Gal’s Guide Library)
- Amazon Author Page of Debra Kemp
- National Novel Writing Month
- CORRECTION: The Traveling Shovel of Death is actually what it’s called or TSOD. It’s a thing (House of Anansi) (WikiWriMo)
- “Well behaved women seldom make history” quote is by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
- Died in 2015
- Writing trip to Chicago to the Write Inn & Union Chapel
- Organist plays “With a Little Help From My Friends” (video below)
- Katie remembering Debs
- Doctor Who Christopher Eccleston Fun
- Star Trek tears
- Debs books are in the library!
- Autographed copies story (pictures below)
- Keeping book in the family
Support the Show
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, behind the scenes.
About The Gal’s Guide Podcast
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.