Katie wraps up activist month talking about 4 amazing animal activist gals. Learn about Caroline Earle White who started animal shelters, Margaret Murie who was the grandmother of the conservation movement, Harriet Hemenway who co-founded the Audubon Society, and Genesis Butler the young lady who is on the scene right now daring us (AND THE POPE) to eat less meat.
Show Notes & Extras
- This month’s Gal-Pals are: Dr. Leah Leach, Bonnie Fillenwarth, Katie Harris and Klaire Lockheart
- Zoom video!!
- Bonnie already talked about Saudi Arabian Women’s Right to Drive, Leah already talked about Wilma Mankiller and Klaire talked about the Guerilla Girls
- Get to know you question – what comes to mind when you think of someone as an activist?
- No judgement!
- Caroline Earle White – started animal shelters 1869
- 1886 Caroline started the Anti-vivisection Society
- Margaret Murie – Grandmother of the conservation movement
- 1998 Presidental Medal of Freedom
- Harriet Hemenway – Audubon Society
- Black Birders, episode shout out!
- Genesis Butler
- Youngest person to give a TED talk (video below)
- Sidebar into Jonah’s pheromones’ & kidney stone worries
- Genesis dared the Pope to go vegan!
- Veganism to change the world!
- Marvel’s Hero’s Project
- Genesis for Animals Foundation
- UPDATE: Is Phil Collin’s Vegan? Don’t know but he has publicly supported PETA and other animal rights groups.
- Supreme Master of Compassion
- Genesis, Greta, and Malala – the new Charlie’s Angels
- Eat less meat
- Mac and cheese meltdown
- Vegan Mac & Cream recipe that Leah recommends (Thug Kitchen)
- Millennial meltdown
- We all get grossed out and then hungry.
- Next month is Disney Gals Month!
About The Gal’s Guide Podcast
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.