“Do women have to be naked to be in the met?” The Guerrilla Girls asked this question in 1985 and Klaire Lockheart has us still asking today! Dive into a fantastic episode about art history and statistics that will have you ready to buy more art by women!
Show Notes & Extras
- This month’s Gal-Pals are: Dr. Leah Leach, Bonnie Fillenwarth, Katie Harris and Klaire Lockheart
- Zoom video!!
- Bonnie already talked about Saudi Arabian Women’s Right to Drive, Leah already talked about Wilma Mankiller
- Get to know you question – have you gone to a protest before? If not what would you protest sign be?
- Women’s Indy March Rabbi Sandy Sasso’s speech (video below)
- Bonnie’s art piece (Etsy)
- Klaire protested against the Westboro Baptist Church
- Flying Spaghetti Monster!
- Klaire’s 1 Cool Activist Group is the Guerrilla Girls
- Books in the Gal’s Guide Library
- Weaving in humor
- Reyna Hernandez Website
- Guerilla Girls at the Glasgow Women’s Library
- Origins in 1985
- 3 groups, Guerrilla Girls Inc, Broadband and On Tour
- History of Modern Art with Klaire Lockheart Podcast
- “Do women have to be naked to get into the met?” (image below)
- Weenie count of Modern Art section
- 2019 12.6% Artists in Major
- 2019 70% Graduates in art are women
- 1989 “When racism and sexism are no longer fashionable…” (image below)
- Avatar sidebar
- Highest ever female artist painting Georgia O’Keeffe $44.4 million
- Highest ever painting is the Da vinci for $450 million
- Today’s buyers in the art world
- $ spent on women’s art 2% Waaaaaaaa?!
- BUY MORE ART BY WOMEN
- Bonnie’s Etsy Shop
- Klaire’s Website
- Leah’s Etsy Shop
- The Male Graze by the Guerrilla Girls
- Book quote off
- Artemisia Gentileschi
- Do a count of female artists in a gallery Report to Guerrilla Girls
- Art teaches empathy
- Buying art
About The Gal’s Guide Podcast
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.