Jen talks about the Disney Imagineer behind many of your favorite rides and areas at the Disney Parks! Two of her favorites that she worked on were Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion – she even has her own tombstone on the Haunted Mansion grounds, can you guess which one before the episode is done?
Show Notes & Extras
- Gal pals this month are – Leah Leach, Bonnie Fillenwarth, Jenn Berk and Elyssa Everling
- Our Disney Ornament on Etsy
- Get to know you question – have you gone to any of the Disney theme parks?
- Jenn’s 1 Cool Disney Gal is Harriet Burns
- Early life in Texas
- Made her own toys
- New Mexico and her marriage to Bill Burns
- Moved to Hollywood
- Window displays and TV set work
- Showfloors in Vegas
- Santa’s Village attraction in Lake Arrowhead
- Disney friend
- We are children!
- Painted sets for the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!
- Models “for something big”
- Harriet was the first women Walt hired to be a Disney Imagineer
- Family and Retirement
- 1964/1965 World’s Fair
- Working with the guys
- Pirates of the Carribean
- “I brought the pants” – Leah
- Sleeping Beauty’s Castle
- Haunted Mansion
- Grandaughter found out that Harriet was filmed for the crystal ball for the Haunted Mansion but her assisant Leoda was useded instead
- More Pirate trivia
- Storybook Ride in Disneyland
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Bonnie is a believer
- Great moments with Mr. Lincoln
- Carousel of Progress
- Retired in 1986
- Disney Legend in 2000
- Passes away in 2008
- 2011 Expansion of the que in the Haunted Mansion has a grave stone marker for her. “First Lady of the Opera, Our Haunting Harriet, Searched for a tune, but never could carry it”
About The Gal’s Guide Podcast
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.