Kate Chaplin closes out her holiday movie coverage with Frank Capra’s You Can’t Take it with You. This episode is jam-packed with lessons you can take with you in life. Kate starts off with why she loves this film far more than It’s a Wonderful Life and how that film because a holiday staple and not You Can’t Take it with You, then she gets into the movie’s themes of:
- Monopolies on ammunition
- Isn’t there something you’d rather be doing?
- What the government does with your money
- Commercialization of fear
- Approval over authenticity
- Staying where you belong and not being ambitious
- What being rich and being poor really means
- What you can take with you
Filmmaker Kate Chaplin takes a film that has influenced her life for good, bad or ugly and dissects it to show YOU the hidden lessons within movies. This five-time-award-winning show appeared on D20crit from 2013-2015. New episodes coined “Reloaded” were produced by Gal’s Guide from 2016-2017. Many of the shows have been lost to the digital dust (yet somehow still on Google Play) but keep an eye out for our Flashback Friday Episodes on the Gal’s Guide Podcast.
- Most Entertaining – 2016 INDYpodnet Awards
- Best Audio Quality & Editing – 2016 INDYpodnet Awards
- Most Entertaining – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards
- Rookie of the Year – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards
- Best Coverage of a Geek Event – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards