Kate talks about one of her favorite movies, Casablanca. In this episode Kate covers the how this classic didn’t have the greatest of beginnings and wasn’t destined to be a classic but how it became one. Themes of love, betrayal, corruption, neutrality and cynicism on the backdrop of the World War II.
- Bergman Interview on the script: https://youtu.be/SBtO7MHJFoY
- Essay comparison of Stage Play to screenplay: http://p-mi.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/Essay_Casablanca.pdf
- 75th Anniversary from CBS News: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv0Eo5-LHhk
- What’s So Great About Casablanca: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC_kfwa5-kg
- Casablanca interviews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeqA7R8TSoM
- Henry Rollins tearing apart Dr. Seuss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_k5WBwUUjQ
- Theme and Motifs in Casablanca http://www.sparknotes.com/film/casablanca/themes.html
Kate’s Take is brought to you by Gal’s Guide to the Galaxy.
- April 13 – Josie & the Pussy Cats (with Special Guest Josh Leach)
- April 20 – 12 Angry Men (with Special Guest Wil Derringer)
- April 27 – Heathers (with Special Guest Heather Woodcock)
- May 4 – Dirty Dancing
- May 11 – Star Trek OTS (with Special Guest Adam Eastwood)
- May 18 – Star Trek Next Gen & Enterprise (with Special Guest Adam Eastwood)
- May 25 – Star Trek Voyager & Deep Space 9 (with Special Guest Adam Eastwood)
Want to be a guest on an upcoming show? Email us email@example.com
Kate’s Take started on D20crit.com in October of 2014. Kate was a guest on D20crit’s show A Bit of Geek and Nerdery Episode #12 talking about the new film she was producing called Ezekiel’s Landing (link to episode). She became a returning guest and before long Wil asked if she had an idea for her own show. Kate’s Take is an adaption from a never-finished novel entitled “I Blame Lucas” where Kate recalls her life through the movies she had watched starting with Star Wars: A New Hope and ending with Return of the Sith. Wil Derringher co-hosted, edited and produced the show for D20crit. Together Kate and Wil produced 57 episodes and won 5 awards for the show from INDYpodnet.
In August of 2016 tragedy struck with the loss of Wil’s beloved wife, Tristan. Understandably Wil was unable to do the show. November 2016 the show was moved from D20crit to Gal’s Guide to the Galaxy and re-titled Kate Take: Reloaded.
- Most Entertaining – 2016 INDYpodnet Awards
- Best Audio Quality & Editing – 2016 INDYpodnet Awards
- Most Entertaining – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards
- Rookie of the Year – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards
- Best Coverage of a Geek Event – 2015 INDYpodnet Awards