It’s episode #1 of the new Gal’s Guide to the Galaxy Podcast and our host Lisa Leo and her musical gal pals have gathered to talk about the new articles on Gal’s Guide as well as playlists, music therapy and of course amazing female musicians from all musical genres.
Show Notes & Extras
- This episodes opening quote is from Aretha Franklin
- The gals talk about the first album they ever bought as well as musical background
- Hits and misses from the 31 Gal-Powered Songs article
- Phoebe recommends adding “A Place In This World” by Taylor Swift
- Leah recommends adding “Dickhead” by Kate Nash
- Bonnie recommends adding “Wannabe” by Spice Girls
- Lisa recommends adding “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield and “Unpretty” by TLC
- The gals got Rickrolled by Gunhild Carling (last song on the list)
- Reactions to Performances of Gals Who Rock article
- Time Travel Segment on Sister Rosetta Tharpe (more info on Sister)
- The gals talk about music therapy. Article referenced is “This Is Your Brain on Music” by Elizabeth Landau of CNN
- Lisa asks, if you could only listen to one female singer for the rest of your life who would it be?
- Phoebe & Leah’s Show Your Gal Friday
- Bonnie’s Kickstarter and Website
- What’s your favorite #galpoweredsongs? Let us know in the comments below or on twitter.
SUPPORT US ON PATREON
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, wallpapers, idea lists, and behind the scenes.
ABOUT GAL’S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY PODCAST
Keep updated on the happenings of Gal’s Guide with our monthly discussion show as well as interviews and updates of amazing women in our galaxy. Time travelers and role models welcome!
Hosted by Lisa Leo.
Coming soon to Google Play and more!