Today we are talking about a gal who hails from Brooklyn NY, works in DC and is….notorious. She’s the 107th Justice to the U.S. Supreme Court and started as a lawyer for women’s rights. We’re happy to be releasing this episode on March 15 so we can say, Happy 86th Birthday to your gal, Ruth Bader Ginsburg!!
Show Notes & Extras:
- Where Ruth grew up
- Attending Cornell
- Marrying Martin Ginsburg and giving birth to her first daughter Jane
- Harvard Law School as well as Columbia Law School
- Marty getting cancer
- Finding a job when no one would hire a married woman with a small child
- Co-founder of Women’s Rights Law Reporter
- Co-author book on Sex Discrimination
- Women’s Rights Projects at ACLU
- US Court of Appeals
- Nominated to the Supreme Court
- Love of opera and her connection to certain operas
- Books about her and by her
- Her different collars
- What legacy we think Ruth wants to leave behind
- What we learned from Ruth
- Leah’s cat “Baby Ruth”
SUPPORT US ON PATREON
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, wallpapers, idea lists, and behind the scenes.
ABOUT YOUR GAL FRIDAY
Your Gal Friday is a weekly podcast about female leaders, innovators and rule breakers. Your hosts, Dr. Leah Leach & Ms. Phoebe Frear, talk about the life and legacy about a gal as well as what they have learned from her.
Available on iTunes, YouTube, Podbean, Stitcher, Google Play and more!