Comedian Hannah Gadsby identifies as…tired. Bonnie continues our spotlight on amazing LGBTQ by talking about this thought-provoking and masterful comedian. The gal-pals also talk about the wonderful ways to still celebrate Pride month even in your local parade is canceled due to COVID-19.
We recorded in the library for the first time ever! This does mean there is no live video but the audio quality is nearly back to normal.
SHOW NOTES & EXTRAS
- We’re recording in the library!!!!
- The gal-pals this month are Dr. Leah Leah, Bonnie Fillenwarth, Katie Harris and Kerra Wagener.
- Kerra has already talked about “The Alphabet Soup”
- Get to know you question: Because of COVID-19 shutting down some of the Pride celebrations this month what would you say are great ways to celebrate?
- Buy from LGBTQ artists
- Indy Pride Zoom June 21, 2020
- Color that hair!
- Share Pride on social media
- Rainbow up that sidewalk!
- Gish scavenger hunt
- Bonnie’s 1 Cool LGBTQ+ Thing is Australian Comedian Hannah Gadsby
- Douglas special on Netflix (new one!)
- Nanette special on Netflix (break out one)
- Early life
- We totally should have a Zoom meeting about Hannah Gadsby
- NPR Fresh Air interview with Hannah
- Hannah was homeless for a bit
- Hannah was diagnosed with autism at age 36
- Checkin in with anxiety levels
- “My story has value” – Hannah Gadsby
- “To be rendered powerless does not destroy your humanity, your resistance is your humanity” – Hannah Gadsby
- “There is nothing stronger than a woman who has rebuilt herself.” – Hannah Gadsby
- Tour in the U.S.
- Art History
- Bonus material she has a TED talk from April 2019
SUPPORT US ON PATREON
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, behind the scenes.
ABOUT GAL’S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY PODCAST
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.
Subscribe on iTunes, YouTube, Podbean, Stitcher. Google Play and more