Leah wraps up folk tale & myth month with the female Buddha’s of wisdom. Known in Tibetan Buddhism as Dakinis, Leah talks about how this fierce female drinks from a skull cup, stands on her own ego and cuts you free from the thing that makes you unhappy.
Show Notes & Extras
- Gal Pals this month are Bonnie Fillenwarth, Katie Harris, Debbi Sponsler, and Leah Leach.
- Katie already talked about Tiamat, Bonnie already talked about Women of Greek Myths, and Debbi talked about Mother Goose.
- Get to know you question – what do you feel the role of myth is in the modern society?
- Star Wars Samurai’s (Inverse)
- CORRECTION – Joseph Campbell quote: ” We have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us. The labyrinth is thoroughly known; we have only to follow the thread of the hero path. And where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god.”
- Leah’s 1 cool folk tale and myth is Dakinis
- They are from the Tibetan Buddhist tradition
- They are equal to Buddhas
- They embody female wisdom
- Dakini translates to “Sky Dancer” sometimes “Sky Walker” which is another Star Wars connection.
- Emotion = 5 poison’s
- Pictures below
- Hooked knife
- Skull Cup
- BOOK Wisdom Rising: Journey into the Mandala of the Empowered Feminine by Lama Tsultrim Allione (Gal’s Guide Library)
- Skull headband and bone jewelry
- Standing on a corpse (it’s her own ego)
- Left hand is the wise feminine. Right hand is the skill full means masculine (info below)
- Put your hands together and you get action
- The list (image below)
- Leah’s Mother Tree Artwork (pictured below)
- Tara Mandela Center
- Want a Gal’s Guide Class on Dakinis? Vote below.
- Dakini Days are on the waning crescent moon (dates below)
- Full moon is Buddha Day
- Dakinis should have a quiz
- Leah is the Buddha Dakini
- Foot up & down
- Gal’s Guide Podcast is off next Monday for Memorial Day
- We return June 7 with Explorers Month
About The Gal’s Guide Podcast
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.