Leah wraps up folk tale & myth month with the female Buddha’s of wisdom. Known in Tibetan Buddhism as Dakinis, Leah talks about how this fierce female drinks from a skull cup, stands on her own ego and cuts you free from the thing that makes you unhappy.
Show Notes & Extras
- Gal Pals this month are Bonnie Fillenwarth, Katie Harris, Debbi Sponsler, and Leah Leach.
- Katie already talked about Tiamat, Bonnie already talked about Women of Greek Myths, and Debbi talked about Mother Goose.
- Get to know you question – what do you feel the role of myth is in the modern society?
- Star Wars Samurai’s (Inverse)
- CORRECTION – Joseph Campbell quote: ” We have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us. The labyrinth is thoroughly known; we have only to follow the thread of the hero path. And where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god.”
- Leah’s 1 cool folk tale and myth is Dakinis
- They are from the Tibetan Buddhist tradition
- They are equal to Buddhas
- They embody female wisdom
- Dakini translates to “Sky Dancer” sometimes “Sky Walker” which is another Star Wars connection.
- Emotion = 5 poison’s
- Pictures below
- Hooked knife
- Skull Cup
- BOOK Wisdom Rising: Journey into the Mandala of the Empowered Feminine by Lama Tsultrim Allione (Gal’s Guide Library)
- Skull headband and bone jewelry
- Standing on a corpse (it’s her own ego)
- Left hand is the wise feminine. Right hand is the skill full means masculine (info below)
- Put your hands together and you get action
- The list (image below)
- Leah’s Mother Tree Artwork (pictured below)
- Tara Mandela Center
- Want a Gal’s Guide Class on Dakinis? Vote below.
- Dakini Days are on the waning crescent moon (dates below)
- Full moon is Buddha Day
- Dakinis should have a quiz
- Leah is the Buddha Dakini
- Foot up & down
- Gal’s Guide Podcast is off next Monday for Memorial Day
- We return June 7 with Explorers Month
About The Gal’s Guide Podcast
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.
Subscribe on iTunes, YouTube, Podbean, iheartradio, Spotify, Amazon Music, Stitcher.and more