We’re back!!! Season 4 starts the revolution with Bonnie talking about the first female Prime Minister of Pakistan, Benazir Bhutto.
Show Notes & Extras
- Start of season 4!!!!!!
- It’s the start of Revoluntionary Gal Month
- This month’s gal pals are Katie Harris, Bonnie Fillenwarth, Lisa Cardona and Dr. Leah Leach
- Book Club shout out
- Bonnie’s art stuff
- Lisa wants to know if you want to volunteer for Gal’s Guide?
- Calendar time!
- Bonnie’s 1 Cool Revoluntionary Gal is Benazir Bhutto
- Her father Ali Bhutto political life
- PPP Pakistian People’s Party
- JFK meeting
- Her father was for equality
- Shout out to episode Saudi Arabian Women’s Right to Drive
- “She owes a debt to her people”
- Benazir’s name means “without compare”
- Havard & Oxford
- Father lost an election to a military leader and arrested
- He was hung
- Brother hijacted a plane
- Benazir and her mother spent time in prision and house arrest.
- Left France to see her brother who was poisioned
- Carry on her father’s legacy but need a husband
- UPDATE – the 10% guy his name is Asif Ali Zardari
- Campaining while pregnant
- Explosive Mangos?
- 1988 Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Built 4800 schools
- Women’s police stations
- Women’s banks and courts
- Military issues
- After 20 months removed for corruption
- 1993 Prime Minister again
- UPDATE her term was 1993-1996
- Volunteer Exhile for 8 years
- Husband in prison
- UPDATE: three kids, Bilawal, Bakhtawar and Aseeta
- Several assissation attemps
- “If I die” email
- Security weirdness
- Weird parelles
- Podcast that Bonnie recommends is BBC Assassition Series
- Documentary on Benazir is on Kanopy
- Gal’s Guide Library has Benizar’s book Recognition
About The Gal’s Guide Podcast
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.