Katie Harris has a knack for picking a great book! A leader (and treasured unicorn) of Gal’s Guide Book Club Katie will handpick a book that fits into our research theme for the month. Selections might be fiction, they might be nonfiction.
We will meet on the last Thursday of every month at 8pm. Because of our wide reach, we’re still looking at using Zoom to meet.
We are a no-pressure book club, you don’t have to read the full book to participate. You do however have to sign up.
For Book Club
November Book Selection
Sci Fi Gals Month
Thursday, November 17 at 8pm On Zoom
by Ursula K. Le Guin
A bleak moon settled by utopian anarchists, Anarres has long been isolated from other worlds, including its mother planet, Urras—a civilization of warring nations, great poverty, and immense wealth. Now Shevek, a brilliant physicist, is determined to reunite the two planets, which have been divided by centuries of distrust. He will seek answers, question the unquestionable, and attempt to tear down the walls of hatred that have kept them apart.
Available at the Gal’s Guide Library
December Book Selection
Best Books of 2022
Thursday, December 29, 8pm on Zoom
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- The Things We Cannot Say by Kelly Rimmer
- The Story of More by Hope Jahren
- The House of Pendragon: The Firebrand by Debra A. Kemp
- Gorge by Kara Richardson Whitely
- Baby Conquers the World by Rich & Sandra Neil Wallace
- It’s What I do by Lynsey Addario
- The Woman’s Hour by Elaine Weiss
- Queens of Animation by Nathalia Holt
- The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich
- In the Time of Butterflies by Julia Alvarez
- Georgia: a novel by Dawn Tripp
- The Awakened Woman by Dr. Terari Trent
- Hedy’s Folly by Richard Rhodes
- Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
- Captain Marvel: Liberation Run by Tess Sharpe
- Lives in Ruins Marilyn Johnson
- The Wrong Kind of Women by Naomi McDougall Jones
- The Witches Are Coming by Lindy West