The gal pals finish up Women’s History Month with Leah’s 1 thing being about Coco Chanel. Now, Leah has talked about Coco before on Your Gal Friday but after 2 years, she’s still processing and this time she doesn’t have to keep it PG-13. What’s the worst that could happen? Joined by Bonnie, Josh and Katie the gal pals also talk about when history became more than just names and dates. All this awaits you on Episode #21 of Gal’s Guide to the Galaxy Podcast brought to you by Chanel No 5 (no, it’s not).
Show Notes & Extras:
- This month’s Gal Pals are Leah Leach, Bonnie Fillenwarth, Joshua Leach, and Katie Harris. Catch up on Episode 18, Episode 19, Episode 20
- Get-to-know-you question: when did you start to see history as something more than names & dates?
- Leah’s 1 cool thing is about the weird of Coco Chanel
- Karl Lagerfeld died.
- Your Gal Friday episode link with Coco’s full life told in a PG-13 way.
- The first thing you think of when you hear Coco Chanel?
- Chanel No 5 fact from fiction
- Nazi spy?
- Costume jewelry
- Chanel Suit
- Marilyn Monroe helped sell a lot of Chanel No 5 over the decades.
- Does becoming a brand turn a person into an object?
- Do you think Coco would have cared?
- Is it better to be known for something than to be obscured by history for being too complicated?
- And this is too weird to not be included but it’s made by Chanel.
SUPPORT US ON PATREON
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, behind the scenes.
ABOUT GAL’S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY PODCAST
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.
Subscribe on iTunes, YouTube, Podbean, Stitcher. Google Play and more