Michelle talks about a pirate gal who ruled the Mediterranean Sea for 30 years! The gal-pals also talk about why they’d most likely be forced to walk the plank.
- We’re back on Zoom so that means the YouTube has live video of our silly and beautiful faces!
- The gal pals this month are Dr. Leah Leach, Bonnie Fillenwarth, Katie Harris, and Michelle Hammond
- Get-to-know-you question: Let’s say you are forces to walk the plank. What is the likely reason you’re being punished?
- Perfectly matched faces
- Michelle’s 1 Cool Pirate Gal is Sayyida al Hurra
- “Free and independent woman who exercises power”
- Basically Beyonce
- Barbary Corsairs groundwork
- “Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!”
- Early life of Sayyida
- Married off
- Helped her ruler husband resettle the town of Tétouan
- 1515 husband’s death
- Learns how to pirate
- Ruled the Mediterranean Seas
- Married the Sulton…but he came to her
- The she disappears from history
- Jefferson gets pissed and makes the Navy
Support the Show
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, behind the scenes.
About The Gal’s Guide Podcast
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.