Continuing LGBT Pride Month, Katie takes a moment to think about what it would be like to be raised by two moms. She brings to the table research on happiness, child development, and marriage equity. The gal pals also talk about their favorite books and movies that feature LGBT characters.
Show Notes & Extras:
- Looking for last week’s episode? Check out Leah’s 1 Cool Thing on comedian Moms Mabley
- Get-to-know-you question: What is your favorite book or movie that centers around gay history?
- A few mentions: Ellen DeGeneres, My Point and I Do Have One, Nazimova, Paris Is Burning, Milk.
- Early presidential candidates (and poop) overshare.
- Katie’s 1 Cool Thing – the idea of how cool would it be to have two moms.
- If we could just raise our kids with other women.
- Is Jealously more of a thing?
- Physical fixer and emotional fixer roles
- Research on the outcome for kids health
- Martial equity.
- Bisexual component.
- Community support on the kids and parents.
- Who are the happiest parents? Austrilla Research
- Having two strong role models in two moms.
- We need more books about “unconventional” families to learn and evolve
- Katie says “Talk to your kids.”
SUPPORT US ON PATREON
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, behind the scenes.
ABOUT GAL’S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY PODCAST
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.
Subscribe on iTunes, YouTube, Podbean, Stitcher. Google Play and more
2 replies on “The Idea of Two Moms”
[…] Looking for our other gal’s 1 Cool LGBT thing? Check out Leah’s on comedian Moms Mabley, and Katie’s on the idea of two moms. […]
[…] gal’s 1 Cool LGBT thing? Check out Leah’s on comedian Moms Mabley, Katie’s on the idea of two moms, and Bonnie’s on silent film actress Alla […]