Meet the fierce cross-dresser of the Caribbean! Anne Bonny and her BFF Mary Reed were wanted women on the 7 seas. Granted stealing that English military ship might have been the major reason. Katie and the gal-pals try to reason why Anne Bonny is always pictured with one boob out plus they try to define the perfect booty, we mean treasure.
- We’re back on Zoom so that means the YouTube has live video of our silly and beautiful faces!
- The gal pals this month are Dr. Leah Leach, Bonnie Fillenwarth, Katie Harris, and Michelle Hammond
- Bonnie already talked about Grace O’Malley and Michelle talked about Sayyida al Hurra.
- “Show me your booty!”
- Dogs & cats living together
- Get-to-know-you question: Let’s say you found a treasure chest and there was something inside you really, really wanted. What’s inside?
- Hori Hori Garden Knife (Amazon)
- Katie’s 1 Cool Pirate Gal is Anne Bonny
- Tits out!
- BFF Mary Reed
- Children’s book with her boob out (Leah will have to upload a picture later)
- Dude’s book in the 1724 The General History of Pyrates (Wikipedia)
- The element of suprise
- Both Anne & Mary were dress as boys as a kid
- The dog want a vegan dish
- Both born out of wedlock
- Anne Bonnie is hidden as a kid – badley
- Baby law clerk
- Mary Reed was dress as her (younger) brother to get $ from inlaws
- “Wearing pans causes trouble!” Bonnie
- Anne was 13 when she might have stabbed somebody
- Arrived in America
- James Bonny marriage
- Anne might have burnt down her dad’s plantation
- Arrives in Nassau, Caribbean
- Sold out by her husband
- Meeting Calico Jack
- Meeting Mary Reed (Mark)
- Possible Anne & Mary lovers
- “Let’s steal and English military ship!”
- Wanted Women with a bounty on their heads
- 1720 Captured
- What Anne said to Calico Jack when they were captured
- Pleaded the belly
- Mary Reed died in prison
- Anne Bonny mystery
- Poll – How many of you think it was men depitcing these pirate ladies with their boobs out and how many think it was just pirate women being comfy? Answer in the comments!
- Hannah Gadsby
- BFF pirate ladies
- Modern day story version
- Cancelling Drunk History news (Variety)
Support the Show
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, behind the scenes.
About The Gal’s Guide Podcast
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.