Leah wraps up Revolutionary Gal’s Month talking about the Columbia spy known as La Pola. This gal went down fightin’! The Gal Pals also talk about what revolution they would 100% show up for.
- This month’s gal pals are Katie Harris, Bonnie Fillenwarth, Lisa Cardona and Dr. Leah Leach
- Bonnie already talked about Benazir Bhutto, Lisa talked about the Dutch Assassins and Katie talked about Rosa Luxemburg
- Calendar update!
- January 25 Tuesday Woman In Noblesville (WIN)
- January 27 Gal’s Guide Book Club
- January 29 Girl Scout Patch for grown peeps
- Off next monday
- First Friday
- Galentine’s Brunch
- Get to know you question – if you could 100% show up for one of the revolutionary events
- British Invasion
- “I was good at screaming.” Lisa
- Civil Rights Movement
- Suffrage or Firefly
- Star Wars
- Leia by Claudia Gray (Gal’s Guide Library)
- Leah’s 1 Cool Revolutionary gal is La Pola
- Policarpa Salavarrieta
- Born about 1790 in Columbia
- Multiple names
- Small Pox
- Girlspring.com about Columbia time
- La Pola didn’t like Spain
- 16 and a seamstress
- Andrea Ricaurte De Lozano
- Became a spy!
- Found out
- Found guilty of treason
- Execution by firing squad
- Went down fighting!
- She was 21.
- Heroine for independence for Columbia
- Nov 8, the day of Columbian Woman
- She’s on the money
- Columbia eventually got its independence from Spain
About The Gal’s Guide Podcast
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.Subscribe on iTunes, YouTube, Podbean,iheartradio, Spotify,Amazon Music, Stitcher.and more…