Katie’s cat became so inspired by hearing Lucille Ball’s story that mid-show she began to direct Katie’s action. She’s now the show purr-ducer.
You’re gonna want the video version of this week’s episode. It’s directed by Katie’s cat. She joined the union, it’s a whole thing. The audio version is slightly different from the video version. Also, you saw that we said there’s a cat in the video right?
Show Notes & Extras
- We’re recording on Zoom so that means video!!!!
- The gal-pals this month are Dr. Leah Leah, Bonnie Fillenwarth, Katie Harris and Debbi Sponsler
- We have already talked about Mabel Normand
- Get-to-know-you question: why do you think there is a stereotype that women aren’t funny?
- Carrie Fisher episode shout out!
- Katie’s Granny on stage recreating an I Love Lucy sketch
- Katie’s 1 Cool Funny Gal is Lucille Ball
- Full-figured comedy
- Your Gal Friday shout out! Check out our in-depth episode about Lucille Ball.
- Lucy thrived off a live audience
- Queen of the B movies
- Feedback wasn’t encouraging
- Big break on the radio show My Favorite Husband
- How the radio show led to I Love Lucy
- How Lucy fought for Desi to be on the show
- Also, “go to the beach”
- I Love Lucy is a huge success
- DesiLu Productions
- What Lucy thought Star Trek was
- Without Lucy there wouldn’t be Star Trek
- Carol Burnett was mentored by Lucille Ball
- Personal Life with Desi
- Becoming a mom
- KITTY INVADES THE PODCAST (19 minute mark)
- Lucy’s kids are Desi Arnaz Jr and Lucie Arnaz
- The cat starts to direct the podcast
- Desi jr is a musician as well as an actor in TV and movies
- Lucy & Desi divorce but there are still flowers
- Katie gets inspired
- “The Last Days of Lucille Ball” article by Mental Floss
- Cat drool!!
- Lee Tannan & Lucy spying on a party
- Last public appearance was pissed about how people would judge her looks
- Heart issues
- Even more on Your Gal Friday
- Kitty demands to be cuddled
- Kitty directs Katie
- Kity calls cut.
SUPPORT US ON PATREON
Like what we do? Want more? On our Patreon page you can access more content including bloopers, behind the scenes.
ABOUT GAL’S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY PODCAST
What if you could only share 1 cool thing about a topic? Would it be about ancient history? Would it be breaking news? Would it be safe for work? A group of gals gathers to present to you one cool thing on topics like painting, gaming, movies, music and more.